Saturday 15 June 2019

UnRaid Not Accessible from Windows 10 Explorer

I recently updated a Windows 10 PC to the latest and greatest through auto updates. (currently Windows 10 Pro Build 1803). After doing so, I found I could not access UnRaid either by name or IP address. (Windows explorer was showing an unspecified errorcode Ox000 )

After a bit of GoogleFu and some trial and error, the following steps worked for me;

  1. Run services.msc and set Function Discovery Resource Publication Service to automatic(and start it).
  2. Enabled SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support under Control Panel ->Programes & Features -> Turn Windows features on and off.
  3.  Run gpedit.msc and set Enable insecure guest logons to enabled (under Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network -> Lanman Workstation.


I'm unsure if all of the above are necessary, but 3 was required for me after 1 & 2 solved the basic error. There may be other ways to solve this, the above worked for me.


No comments: